Accessibility & Accommodations
Lightcurve™ is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
Lightcurve™, formerly Rainier Connect, is committed to making our website as accessible as possible to everyone, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. We’re constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
During the development phase we endeavor to follow WebAIM’s Principles of Accessible Design, and also try to help improve the accessibility of our website for users with disabilities by:
- Maintaining color contrast ratios for text
- Providing keyboard accessible navigation
- Exposing information to the accessibility API through the use of ARIA attributes
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
Wherever possible, the rainierconnect.com website will adhere to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1). These guidelines outline four main principles that state that sites should be:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies
Optimizing your set-up for your needs
The AbilityNet website provides guidance to make your computer more accessible, enabling computer users to make the most of the internet whatever their ability or disability. It offers help with seeing the screen, using your keyboard and mouse, hearing sounds, and with reading and spelling.
If you would like to request accessibility-related assistance, report any accessibility problems, or request any information in accessible alternative formats, please use the form on this page, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (800) 832-5724.
To help us assist you with any issues you have, it is recommended that you read the WAI’s Contacting Organizations about Inaccessible Websites, and provide the information advised in your request.