Lightcurve™, formerly Rainier Connect, is currently accepting resumes for a Facilities Technician. Facilities Technicians work both inside and outside to build, install, test, and repair services for customers. Candidates need to be comfortable with the primary responsibilities, and qualifications listed below. If you feel you are a close fit, but have weaknesses, please list them.
For immediate consideration for this position, email your resume to email@example.com with “Facilities Technician” as the subject.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Installation of Internet, CATV & Voice services
- Installation of aerial or underground coax & fiber drops
- Place aerial or underground coax and fiber cable
- Educate customers on use of services
- Analyze quality and determine acceptability of video/audio delivered upon completion of installation
- On call during scheduled time periods, and respond to calls as needed
- Operate and maintain assigned vehicle in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensure vehicle is stocked with necessary equipment
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Maintain a sense of urgency and consistently meet deadlines
- Accurately completes required paperwork and documentation associated with each job assignment
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Performing coax, copper and fiber splicing
- Construction work such as placing cable, installing conduit, and working in open excavations
- Work with heavy duty power equipment as well as small tools in the installation, repair and maintenance of outside plant facilities
Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable using computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
- Technical training in phone installation, cable installation, fiber installation, or similar field
- Current first aid, CPR, or Flagger training is a plus
- At least 1 year experience as an Outside Plant Technician or Installer
- High-school diploma or equivalent required
- Possess a valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record
- Ability to frequently move/lift 75lbs
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other similar places
- Climb poles, ladders, and is comfortable working aloft with hand tools
- Work overtime and holidays as service conditions require
- Typical traits required for this position:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Desire to learn new skills
- Comfortable supporting customers on site, and in person
- NCTI/Jones, TIA, WA state low voltage license, or relevant industry certifications a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $27.00 per hour DOE
By Mail: Resumes & Cover Letters can be mailed to:
2516 Holgate St.
Tacoma, WA 98402
By E-mail: Resumes & Cover Letter can be e-mailed to:
Lightcurve is a 5th generation owned and operated company and as a registered Public Utility is required to be held to a higher standard than our competitors.
Lightcurve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mashell Telecom, Inc. d/b/a Lightcurve is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against persons because of their age, sex, race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, or any disability which can be reasonably accommodated, in determining suitability for employment, compensation, promotion, transfers, training, education, social and recreational programs, or termination.