Residential MDU Sales Representative
About Lightcurve (formerly Rainier Connect)
Lightcurve (formerly Rainier Connect) is a privately held company headquartered in Tacoma WA. With a 100-year history of offering connectivity solutions to the communities it serves, Lightcurve has established a reputation as a customer and service-oriented enterprise. In 2020, Lightcurve entered into a long-term partnership with the City of Tacoma to operate the city-wide high speed internet network providing competitive broadband in Tacoma, now representing the largest market served by Rainier Connect. In 2023 Lightcurve closed on a transaction to be acquired by Palisade Infrastructure (“Palisade”). This investment will allow Lightcurve to rapidly invest in modern fiber-optic broadband networks in both existing markets as well as in several expansion markets, bringing the latest in high-speed reliable broadband solutions to its communities. Lightcurve is committed to delivering the best internet experience at home and at work. The company will combine the latest and most reliable fiber optic technology with a promise of transparency and trusted service from people who live and work in the communities we serve.
The Residential MDU Sales Representative is the familiar face our residential Multi-Dwelling Unit (MDU) subscribers will associate with Lightcurve. They will build a relationship with the property management and tenants of the MDU buildings to create trust and loyalty for the high speed data services provided by Lightcurve. They will partner with the Commercial MDU Account Executive and Marketing to execute tactics to increase our customer acquisition and the uptake in the existing MDU buildings as well as new buildings built out by Lightcurve.
The Residential MDU Sales Representative will lead and participate in MDU resident events and assist Marketing in the planning of these events. These events will be planned with a goal to maximize awareness and consideration of Lightcurve’s MDU offerings and highlight why Lightcurve is the best choice for their high speed data needs. Maintaining a clear understanding of the customer’s needs and preferences and maintaining communication back to leadership and marketing will insure we remain a relevant and competitive choice for the tenants of the MDU buildings we serve.
MDU events: Leading events for a positive customer experience by planning, scheduling internal staff, and executing all logistics with customer experience in mind. Each event should be planned with a sales goal based on that unique building, the number of units and building penetration at the time of the event. This will allow us to measure the success of the event.
Community engagement: Regularly attend real estate & property management industry association functions, participating in relevant trade shows and community events to maintain existing relationships and build new ones.
Stay current on residential customer and MDU management needs, concerns & service expectations. Communicating with the broader management team to be sure we are providing and exceptional customer experience and exceeding their expectations.
MDU acquisition targets: Based on research specific to the MDU buildings passed sales goals will be set. You will be responsible for developing a plan to hit and achieve these set goals.
Training: Stays current on all products and prices offered by Lightcurve to residential MDU subscribers.
Be a strong advocate for company purpose: By using the Lightcurve values as your guide to how you operate and engage with customers.
- Achieving the MDU sales goals will be measured in terms of adds, disconnects, sales performance and average revenue per subscriber.
- Contributing to and developing a performance and results oriented culture
- Behaviors that are aligned with and strengthen company values
Experience and qualifications
- 3+ years residential sales experience meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven track record cultivating lasting rapport with community partners and customers – MDU residents and/or single dwelling subscribers.
- Ability to think strategically, act tactically, and deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
- Passion for collaborating across teams to ensure product viability and support.
- Proven track record of achieving performance expectations and customer service experience rating.
- Effective cross-functional collaborator.
- Capability to perform other assigned tasks, projects, or duties.
- Ability to think creatively for solutions that meet customers needs and the ability to operate with flexibility.
- A scrappy, nimble, innovative, and hands-on contributor who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to accomplish goals and has passion for competing and winning against larger players in the market.
The annual salary for this position is $60,000 per year + commissions. To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com and reference Residential MDU Sales Representative in the subject line.
Lightcurve, formerly Rainier Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By Mail: Resumes & Cover Letters can be mailed to:
2516 Holgate St.
Tacoma, WA 98402
By E-mail: Resumes & Cover Letter can be e-mailed to:
Lightcurve is a 5th generation owned and operated company and as a registered Public Utility is required to be held to a higher standard than our competitors.
Lightcurve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mashell Telecom, Inc. d/b/a Lightcurve is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against persons because of their age, sex, race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, or any disability which can be reasonably accommodated, in determining suitability for employment, compensation, promotion, transfers, training, education, social and recreational programs, or termination.